The Europe Hotel & Resort, Fossa, Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland
Full time, Permanent
The Europe Hotel & Resort comprises of approximately 250 acres including parkland, woodland and formally managed beds. You will be reporting directly to the Head Gardener of Killarney Hotels Collection.
· To manage the day-to-day, year-round maintenance of the gardens and surrounding areas
· To manage the continuing development of the gardens working closely with the Head Gardener of Killarney Hotels Collection
· To maintain records for garden, machinery and health and safety policies
· Pruning, planting and fertilising trees and plant beds
· Use of 2-stroke tools - strimmer, hedge cutter, blower, etc.
· Weed control
· Maintaining indoor plants and Green Wall
· Litter picking
· Maintain a tidy workshop, tool store and gardener's canteen
· Maintenance of tools and machinery
· A recognised horticultural qualification and previous experience in a similar role
· An accredited chainsaw training course would be ideal, candidates without certificates will be considered if they can demonstrate appropriate knowledge, risk assessments etc.
· A basic spraying course is required, candidates will have good knowledge of working with chemicals/fertilizers for lawns and plants and be aware of the risk procedures
· The ideal candidate will be comfortable and experienced operating and maintaining lawn tractors, ride-on lawn mowers and electric gaitors
A valid Class B driving license is essential
· Excellent tree and plant knowledge, and gardening skills
· You must be physically fit, hard-working, and have the desire to achieve high standards at all times
Good communication skills are required for interacting with both colleagues and hotel guests, attention to detail, a keen eye for design and a flexible approach to non-gardening duties on occasion
· Good proficiency in the English language, both verbal and written
The salary and package for this full-time position (5 days per week, typically Mon – Fri) depends on experience and qualifications and would suit a person with ambition and drive.
· Chainsaw Operations & Handling Ticket
· Handling and application of Pesticides/Handheld Sprayer Certification of Competence
· Class BE Full Irish Drivers License
· Competitive salaries
· Pension Scheme
· Employee Discounts
· Career Development
· Tax saving Schemes
· Employee Social Events
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Uniform and PPE provided
Tickets Required/Preferred *(many employers provide these as ongoing training)
Chainsaw Operations, Hand Held Pesticide Application, Handling and Distribution of Pesticides, Manual Handling, Safepass, Safety and Health at Work, Workplace Safety, **Training offered for required tickets to the right candidate**
Killarney Hotels Collection consists of 3 unique and outstanding properties in the South West of Ireland. With their magnificent natural vistas and careful attention to detail, our hotels in Killarney invite guests to stay, relax and discover the heart of Ireland’s wild and wonderful countryside.