A Skilled Head Gardener is required for a large Private Estate in Galway
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a skilled Gardener to work in the gardens of a historic property in Galway.
Situated less than 5 kilometres from Gort, the Private Estate consists of large formal gardens, ponds, forestry and 2 and half acres of walled garden including glass houses, potting sheds, Orchard and small kitchen garden with poly tunnels.
- To manage and motivate the existing team and organise part-time team during peak periods
- To manage the day-to-day, year round maintenance of the gardens
- To manage the continuing development of the gardens working closely with the owners
- To supply the kitchen regular produce and production of cut flowers. This includes propagation, vegetable and flower production and greenhouse management
- To maintain records for garden, machinery and health and safety
- To practice sustainable gardening methods
- A commitment to wildlife-friendly and sustainable garden practices is essential
- A recognised horticultural qualification and at least 5 years experience in a similar supervisory role
- Excellent plant knowledge and gardening skills
- In-depth plant and vegetable knowledge
- You must be physically fit, hard working and have a desire to achieve high standards at all time
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, a keen eye for design and flexible approach to non-gardening duties on occasion
The salary and package for this full time position (5 days per week Mon - Fri) is dependent on experience and qualifications and would suit a person with ambition and drive. There is also a possibility of housing if it is required.
If interested, please forward C.V with cover letter to email@example.com