24 Jun, 2020
Peter O' Brien and Sons Landscaping Ltd
Peter O’Brien & Sons (Landscaping) Ltd are actively seeking applications for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor/Junior Estimator or a professional experienced in pricing landscape works to join our busy estimating department. As part of our growing team you will have the opportunity to develop a unique skillset with Ireland's largest and most respected landscaping company.
Peter O’Brien & Sons are involved in a number of large and very prestigious commercial projects in Dublin and further afield and work closely with some of the countries best-known building contracting companies. We specialise not only in soft landscaping but also large-scale paving, urban tree attenuation pits, rooftop gardens and green walls/roofs.
Based in North County Dublin, the role would be predominantly office based at our headquarters but attendance at project meetings and some site visits would also be involved.
- Analysing incoming tenders and drawings and liaising with suppliers and procurement manager to establish the best possible rates for
- Preparation of quotations and tender
- Assisting the Estimating & Systems Manager in the negotiation of large commercial
- Re-measuring drawings to ensure all scope items are reflected in the contract
- Assisting project managers with day to day queries, variations, quotations for additional works.
- Liaising with clients and
- Assisting with the preparation of final account / closeout
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction
- Good measurement and take off
- Good basic knowledge of building detail and construction technology (a lot of our projects are closely linked to construction).
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong IT skills, specifically in excel (some experience in measuring software would be useful).
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight
- Ability to work as part of team
- Strong organisation skills to ensure multiple projects can be administrated and executed simultaneously.
Excellent career opportunities
Development of a unique, specialist skill set
Family run business
A helpful and supportive culture
Tickets Required/Preferred *(many employers provide these as ongoing training)
**Training offered for required tickets to the right candidate**