To manage all stages of the Business Development/sales growth strategy through effective client management, new business capture, and proposal development while retaining and growing existing business. Lead and seek out new areas to drive revenue growth, generate new business sales, and develop the business sales strategy.
· Be a HC Champion – Learn and master HC services and benefits
· Responsible for managing exiting portfolio of customers – foster and develop relationships with a view to expanding growth
· Pro-active sales prospecting, identifying new business opportunities to drive revenue growth and maintain a solid sales pipeline to support achievements against pre-defined targets
· Preparation of high quality, well written, and well-presented visual documents
· Timely and accurate sales forecasting and reporting
· Establish key customer profiles in the company database (Copper CRM) and maintain accurate customer information
· Identify, manage and communicate any new clients to ensure awareness of all parties
· Develop 'win plan' for each opportunity – create solutions and develop strategies while complying with customer requirements
· Researching new trends, partnerships, products, services
· Foster and develop relationships with counterparts and parent company partners.
· Be innovative and creative with the ability to generate new ideas, new business, cross-selling, upselling and follow through to completion
· Oversee all aspects of sales generation from proposal preparation, ensuring quality, technically accurate compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner
Career Path Information
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
This is a challenging and rewarding role with emphasis on targets and delivery. As a self-starter and motivated individual, the candidate will have:
· Excellent educational background or strong previous experience including a high level of achievement in English
· Knowledge and experience of horticulture, garden retail and landscape services
· 5+ years working in outside sales solutions in the Irish B2B market
· Computer literate with use of CRM systems
· Well presented with persuasive abilities
· Demonstrated ability to create growth-based revenue stream(s) through expansion into and across multiple customer opportunities.
· Be the customer’s champion; listen and understand, developing trusted relationships focused on helping HC customers be successful.
· Strong negotiating, pricing, and closing skills (Refined questioning/ Objection handling and listening skills)
· Initiative, drive, decision-making capability, and time management skills
· A customer-oriented approach
· Ability to communicate effectively at a senior level in a variety of mediums.
Key Competencies required for this career level:
· Good knowledge and understanding of horticulture sectors
· Strong knowledge of B2B across larger SME, Corporate & Enterprise
· CRM systems
· Gsuite / Google for Work
· Presentation tools and software
· Represents the business commitments and delivers
· Agile approach to work
· Acts as an ambassador to HC
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to identify and adapt to different client’s needs.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and deliver on direction
· Collaborative style of working with a focus on building strong relationships both internal and external
· Innovative, pro-active, and assertive to strive for success by the use of own volition
· Self-motivated and can manage competing priorities within designated deadlines
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent