Westmeath Community Development (WCD) is now seeking an Assistant Co-ordinator (part-time) to assist in administering and facilitating a Local Training Initiative (LTI) Programme. The programme provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to work in the Horticulture industry.
Deadline is 14th of April 2021 for applications.
The programme leads to a Level 5 Major Award in Horticulture and consists of modules including plant identification & use, fruit & veg production, plant protection, team working, work practice, plant propagation, soil science, plant science, safety & health at work.
Key Areas of Work
The Assistant Co-ordinator appointed will be expected to assist the Programme Co-ordinator in implementing the work on the programme and meet an agreed set of performance targets, within agreed budgets, by:
- Assist in recruiting course participants in collaboration with the Department of Social Protection and LWETB.
- Assist in the design, delivery, evaluation and accreditation of training modules, delivering some modules, and recruitment and supervision of external tutors where necessary.
- Assist in carrying out individual learning plans with learners, evaluating learners` progress with regular group and individual evaluations and facilitating the progression of learners to further training, education or employment.
- Monitoring and evaluating learner’s attendance weekly and maintaining individual attendance records.
- Completing monthly progress reports and submitting monthly statistics and other reports, including completion reports at the end of each programme, to LWETB.
- Keeping up to date and complying with all Training Standards Systems (TSS) and regulations.
- Keeping funding records, developing ongoing work plans and assist in planning future programmes.
- Planning, delivery and correction of level 5 modules in a range of ways including, Classroom, Online and in a Walled garden setting.
- Assisting in managing the premises in accordance with Health and Safety procedures.
- Administering all certification files in accordance with TSS.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Co-ordinator or WCD Senior Management
- Third Level Qualification in in Teaching/Training (Level 6+)
- Third Level Qualification Qualification/Experience in Horticulture (Level 6+)
- Previous experience working in a further education or training environment
- Must be IT efficient with experience of teaching and co-ordinating on Microsoft Teams
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to advise, inform, motivate and support individuals
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) required with the ability to confidently provide information and guidance to individuals
- Be highly motivated, a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong organisational skills, ability to organise complex workloads
- Experience of working in a target-based environment and meeting strict deadlines
- Excellent IT skills and experience of Microsoft applications
- Good level of data processing and data entry experience
- A full clean driving licence and access to a car for work purposes
- A minimum of 4 years of training experience
- Knowledge of FETAC qualifications and modules
- Knowledge of Training Standards Systems
- Previous experience working on an LTI programme