Arboretum is a forward-thinking, inspirational, trusted, family-run business. Our vision is to create a haven of escape for our customers where they can enjoy an inspirational and fulfilling retail experience in the worlds of garden, home, fashion, and food.
It goes deeper than that. As a family business, our true vocation is to connect families. Our stores offer day-out experiences for families to enjoy and we want our offering to enhance family life for our customers.
It has been a very exciting 18 months for Arboretum. We’ve invested significantly in the Kilquade store and that investment continues to pay off. We are sure of our brand; we understand our customer and we are ready to take things to the next level.
We endeavor to foster long-lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers. Our Retail Horticulture Manager has a key role to play in this, so if you can get on board with that, then we would love to hear from you!
Who will you report to?
You will report directly to the Operations Manager, who, along with the leadership team, will fully support you to develop a high-performing team and operation.
Who will report to you?
The Outdoor Supervisor and outdoor team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To ensure that sales targets and KPIs are monitored and achieved
- To provide high levels of customer service at all times and to lead by example in this regard
- Recruit suitable staff for the department using the company’s recruitment process
- Provide effective hands-on training and on-going coaching and support to all staff within your department
- Ensure you and your team are well presented in the correct Arboretum uniform at all times
- Ensure that weekly and daily work planning schedules are created and actioned
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed on a daily basis in line with budgeted percentage-to-labour sales targets
Display, merchandising and layout:
- Achieve high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping at all times
- Ensure the store is safe and compliant with the health and safety standards as set out in the manual at all times
- Ensure that all stock is always clearly priced
- Ensure retail standards and plant quality meets Arboretum standards
- Ensure that all promotional display areas are fully stocked with correct POS materials
- Be responsible for the overall layout of the department
Buying, ordering and stock control:
- Responsible for all purchasing for your department
- Ensure that stock levels are kept within budgeted requirement
- Be responsible for rolling stock takes throughout the department
- Be responsible for stock control within your department including ordering, stocking up, quality control and clearance of slow-moving lines
- Ensure that product prices are in line with budgeted gross margin figures
- Customer service and sales
- Staff organisation
- The execution of our staff-led loyalty programme, A-List
- Product display and layout
- Stock ordering and stock level control
- Maintenance of standards throughout the department and garden centre
- Fulfilling the Duty Manager’s check list when required
€40k + €5k bonus, per annum.
Please note that the above job description is not exhaustive and is subject to change at any stage to suit the needs of the business.
Salary offered is €40k + €5k bonus, per annum.