Kelly’s Nursery Ltd are currently recruiting for horticultural workers to join their team.
This position will involve working in many different sections of the nursery.
Candidates who apply need to be aware that due to the nature of this business you will be working inside & outside in all weather conditions.
Nursery Operative Duties:
- Working Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00
- Be able to adapt to the diversity of the role
- Working well on your own as well as part of a team
- Manual lifting is involved as some plants weigh over 25kg
- Potting of Plants, weeding, pruning, moving, grading etc
- Watering and general maintenance of the plants
- Loading trailers
- Working alongside the potting machines
Nursery Manager Duties and responsibility
- Must be ambitious and highly motivated individual who will work on their own initiative.
- To monitor and manage the production of crops.
- Supervision of staff and organizing work rosters.
- To ensure all production process are running with accuracy and efficiency.
- To think and plan strategically and work proactively with other department heads.
- Ensure production is on track.
- A flexible work ethic to all tasks and a genuine interest to grow the business.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to be a good team leader.
The ideal candidates:
- Be able to adapt well to the diversity of this role
- Be able to work well on your own as well as part of an established team
- Have an interest in the horticultural industry
Must haves for Nursery Manager
- Qualification in Horticulture at minimum advance Level 7.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Nursery / General production in horticultural operations.
- Good attention to detail in all daily tasks.
- Strong person-management skills with positive attitude.
Benefits & Requirements:
- 30 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Nursery Closed for the Christmas period
Salary Negotiable depending on experience.