The Grounds Maintenance Supervisor provides essential support to the Grounds Maintenance Manager in ensuring that the grounds of the client’s premises are attractive, orderly, and healthy. In conjunction with working closely with the Manager of department, the Supervisor takes a hands-on approach to maintaining strong relationships with clients and suppliers and is the first point of contact for the employees of the department.
- Work with the Grounds Maintenance Manager, keeping the Manager updated on all aspects of the department by providing daily and weekly reports.
- Work with the Team Leaders ensuring that their weekly schedules are up to date and ensure efficiency in travel time and routes.
- Carry out scheduled and non-scheduled site visits to ensure high standards are maintained for all contracts, small and large.
- In conjunction with the Manager, organise cover and reorganise schedules when employees are absent due to sickness or holidays.
- Assisting the Manager with new contracts and creating quotes for new works/contracts.
- Complete reviews of Health & Safety and ensure compliance throughout the department for all staff.
- Maintain a log of all machinery and stock and ensure efficiency.
- Maintain a log of broken machinery and liaise with our suppliers in ensuring that all broken machinery is fixed and returned to the correct van in a timely manner.
- Put plans in place and hold meetings with staff who are underperforming.
- Ensure a timely stock re-ordering process is in place.
- Providing any form of required assistance to Grounds Maintenance Operatives/Team Leaders while they carry out their duties.
- Ensure all grounds staff are aware of and familiar with the correct use of all equipment, materials and chemicals etc.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
Normal Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Salary: Starting €35,000 per year
Full driving licence
A good eye for detail when it comes to standards of work done
Strong ability to multitask and prioritise
Experience in the horticulture industry
Use of Company Vehicle and Phone
No weekend work
Full uniform provided
Any essential training costs covered and discretionary training programmes part funded
This role is site based. With this in mind, there will be no requirement to visit the office in Rathcoole each day