Location: SAP Landscapes Head Office, Ballygoran, Maynooth, Co.Kildare
Roles / Goals for results:
The position requires you to manage a portfolio of contracts and multiple working maintenance teams to deliver a high standard of service to your customers at a required level of productivity. The role also requires you to support, mentor and train your working teams to develop and expand their skills base, their effectiveness and their leadership potential.
- Manage a high volume of maintenance sites. Review for requests, supply quote and organise works plus the supervision of maintenance sites.
- Ensure crews are carrying out works in accordance with the scope and schedules of works. Visit sites to ensure crews are working to the best of their ability and provide guidance & advice in relation to work being carried out. Undertake manual labour if required in order to support a crew / demonstrate how work should be done.
- Monitor individual performance, attendance & attitude. Escalate any individual issues to the Operational Manager(s) & the HR Department. Seek advice and act in an ethical manner at all times.
- Be the first point of contact for the crews should there be any issues or obstacles that may need to be overcome. Resolve client & crew problems on a daily basis.
- Ensure staff under your remit have the appropriate tools and equipment to carry out their duties in a professional manner.
- Generate daily, weekly & monthly maintenance reports as required by the clients & SAP Operational Managers in relation to site visit reports, vehicle reports, audits etc.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies & procedures. Liaise with the H&S officer on an ongoing basis to ensure that these regulations are met by all crews. Report any accidents or incidents to the H&S Department immediately – Investigate these accidents / incidents in conjunction with the H&S Department.
- Ensure any toolbox talks issued are read and signed off by staff under your remit, that monthly staff meetings are delivered, signed off and minuted, vehicle reports are filled out and Maintenance Visit Reports for site visits are appropriately filled in by your staff in a manner that fully informs the client of what has been done on site.
- Ensure your crews are wearing the appropriate PPE & that crews have been trained on the appropriate machinery being used. Attend monthly H&S meetings and other adhoc meetings as required.
- Liaise with the finance department in relation to cash collection, invoices and update the relevant finance system.
- Procurement and purchase of Materials/Subcontractors/Plant and Machinery.
- Assist with any management requirements associated with winter services as and when required.
- Fleet Management – monitoring of maintenance of vehicles. Report & investigate any vehicle issues. Track vehicles using the system Mobile i and spot check vehicles on a regular basis.
- Manage training requirements of staff under your remit.
- Attend and participate in management meetings required by the business (ie job costing, periodical reviews, weekly management planning meetings, client meetings etc).
- Management of client expectations and developing of strong working relationships with clients under your portfolio.
- Upsell other services provided by SAP Landscapes Ltd that are not availed by your client base.
- 5 – 10 years foreperson / manager experience is essential for this role.
- Good plant knowledge so as to be familiar with the best ways to seasonally manage trees and shrubs on sites.
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain focus and composure when dealing with clients and staff.
- Maintain strong problem solving skills & be flexible in your approach to working.
- Possess strong management skills in order to manage numerous employees.
- Excellent planning & time management skills in order to structure each day to work to your maximum ability.
- Organisational skills are key to ensure you manage your crews and sites with a coordinated approach, guaranteeing all jobs are completed in a timely & efficient manner and to clients’ expectations.
- Possess strong leadership skills, in order to demonstrate the ways of working that is expected from crews.
- Ability to work on own initiative and create new & improved ways of working.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in order to build up strong relationships with existing clients & new potential customers.
- Ensure work is of a high standard that is expected in SAP Landscapes.
- Salary – €37k - €45k DOE
- Bonus Structure
- Company Vehicle
- Laptop / Tablet
- Pension Facility
- Workplace Incentives
- Valid Safe Pass is essential
- Full Driving Licence
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and CV to our HR Manager Michelle Tully before Wednesday 20th October 2021