Horticulturist – Wexford
Would you like to work for a market leader in DIY and Home and Garden Retail?
Do you have a passion for Horticulture and retail?
Would you like to grow in your career with a supportive and inclusive company?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Horticultural qualification (QQI level 5 or above)
- A minimum of one year experience in a similar environment.
- Good knowledge of horticulture, plants, pruning, fertilizing, pests and diseases.
- Ability to use a variety of horticultural tools and equipment.
- Experience working with and monitoring budgets.
- Some IT abilities, especially word and excel.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work.
- Must have an interest in horticulture and take pride in what you do.
- Maintain the garden centre to a high standard and maintain stock levels.
- Responsible for management of waste in the garden centre.
- Support the delivery of the store budget for each period and achieve sales and waste targets
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and advice to customers.
- Merchandising stock to company principles.
- Maintain and improve excellent levels of product knowledge and actively engage with company training.
Shortlisting is taking place on a rolling basis, so early applications are recommended.
If you require any special assistance to make an application to HortiRecruit, please email us and a member of our Recruitment Team will be happy to support you.
We value and celebrate diversity and we encourage applications from every candidate qualified for this role, inclusive of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, identity, age, religion, and/or disability.